Mike Blackburn OBE - BT’s Regional Director
Mike lives in the North West and has been BT’s Regional Director for the region since 2007. This role leads the NW board and aims to put BT at the heart of local communities. The board works to better understand and respond to the needs of local people and business. This is done through strategic relationships with Local Authorities, key stakeholders, business and community organisations.
Mike is also chair of the Greater Manchester Local Enterprise Partnership. This is a board designed to support business and local authorities to grow the local economy, tackle major barriers to growth and develop shared strategies for the local economy to increase job creation.
Mike holds a number of other Non Exec or Trustee roles :
- Deputy chairman of the North West Business Leadership Team.
- Trustee of the Lowry Theatre, Salford.
- Chair of governors at the Manchester Communication Academy in Harpurhey.
- Chair of governors at the Manchester Communication Primary Academy.
- Trustee of NYAS.
- North West advisory board member for Business in the Community. Mike was chosen as the Prince’s NW Regional Ambassador for 2010/11 and 2011/12.
- Board member of the Lancashire Enterprise Partnership.
Mike was awarded an OBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List in June 2015 for services to the economy in the North West.
Go back to 'Our Speakers'